Rocky Mountain Twist

Monday, August 5, 2013

Curly Burl Redwood Slab Headboard Part 5 - COMPLETED

Well it was a busy and exciting day in the shop today. It was an epic journey of oiling our first headboard. It started off with the kids both working in the shop on their projects and Tim & I finishing up polishing the edges and doing the final bit of polishing with steel wool. Then it was time, it was me, Hair Nation on XM Satellite radio and 1 gallon of oil…. It took 4 hours to soak, wipe down and dry the headboard, I must say that it was one of the most exciting yet relaxing projects to have worked on, nothing can explain how it feels or looks to watch the wood grain come to life in a piece of wood such as this, AND to be the first one to see it. There were a few moments when I wanted to run in the house and have Tim come look at it, but I wanted to have it all to myself. All I can say is WOW, this is a beautiful piece and I believe our clients will be very pleased with it. I am envious that it is going to another home, yet proud and excited for them to have it. We are thankful for the opportunity to work on a project such as this and to work with a piece of wood that has left me speechless. 
















curly redwood slab headboard

custom hanging curly redwoood headboard



curly redwood






large hanging slab headboard


No comments:

Post a Comment